The Libraries and Digital Humanities Special Interest Group (Lib&DH SIG) was established in 2015 by the international Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations ADHO. With conveners from five different countries, the goals of this SIG are:
- to offer advice and support to librarians engaged in digital humanities pursuits;
- to advocate for initiatives of interest and benefit to both libraries and digital humanities;
- to document how librarians and library-based units meet the many challenges, and take advantage of the many opportunities, of DH librarianship;
- to provide information about available resources and opportunities (e.g., training, funding) that encourage collaboration between DH scholars in a variety of roles, especially in libraries;
- to showcase the work of librarians engaged in the digital humanities; and to promote librarians’ perspectives and skills in the greater DH community worldwide.